Thursday, November 15, 2018

Review: The Hangman's Secret

The Hangman's Secret The Hangman's Secret by Laura Joh Rowland
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

In London, the year is 1890 & photographer Sarah Bain & her companions are summoned to photograph the death of a man who used to be a "Hangman" for the city. In this Victorian mystery, we are reminded at how little woman are regarded as human beings with lawful rights by the opposite sex. A good reminder that women have come a very long way in our fight against male domination/suppression of our equal rights. I have always been fascinated by history especially English mysteries. This book kept my attention, has an excellent main character, some lovable witty co-workers & devious characters that I hope to meet in some of the other books in the Laura Joh Rowland's "Victorian Mystery Series." Well done and well worth reading.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment