Sunday, February 4, 2018

Review: The Search for Diego

The Search for Diego The Search for Diego by Edmond Bergeron
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

In my mind, I see a young Clint Eastwood playing the role of William MacLeod, a member of an American fur trapping party who falls for beautiful young women in need of recusing very nicely in this wholly adventurous packed historical fiction in the newly formed Alta Califonia under the control of the Republic of Mexico. With the loss of Maria, the mother of his young son Diego whom he has been torn away from. MacLeod must traverse his way back and forth across these desolate lands in search of his son, only to find himself blocked by bureaucratic paperwork, murders, lecherous soldiers, poor Indians indentured to the Missionary priests and evil money hungry foreigners bent on exploiting anyone they come in contact with. This book was won through the Goodreads giveaway and sent to me for an honest opinion. Thank you, both, and I look forward to reading more of authors E. Paul Bergeron's stories about the birth of California in his "A Land of Turmoil" series. I have already downloaded and added to my "to read" list the first in this series "In the Shadow of Vargas" which I have access to through my Amazon Unlimited Kindle account.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment