Thursday, August 31, 2017

Review: The Last Chicago Boss: My Life with the Chicago Outlaws Motorcycle Club

The Last Chicago Boss: My Life with the Chicago Outlaws Motorcycle Club The Last Chicago Boss: My Life with the Chicago Outlaws Motorcycle Club by Kerrie Droban
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The first chapter opens with one of my own favorite quotes from Nelson Mandela,

"When a man is denied the right to live the life he believes in, he has no choice but to become an outlaw."

This book digs deep into a motorcycle club that was started in 1935 around the Chicago area of the United States. At the moment this club has expanded to well over 1,700 members in the US and other countries. But what is this organization really about? From the pages of the book, I ascertained that while some might think they are just out riding and having fun at parties. But this is not the case in all situations. There are criminal elements, especially when individuals fight over territory using violent means to control illegal money making businesses so these individuals can live their own dream of rebellion against conforming to the norms of everyday living. In the dictionary, an outlaw is described as a habitual or notorious criminal. Club members used intimidation and violence against those around them.





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment