Friday, April 20, 2018

Review: Quaker's War

Quaker's War Quaker's War by Jason Born
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I can remember listening to my fifth-grade teacher Mrs. Hall reading to us the story of Johnny Tremain who was a young apprentice to Paul Revere. At that moment I became a huge fan of historical novels, and this story by Jason Born has found a place on that bookshelf as well. From the beginning to end the young Ephraim a runaway Quaker, who has been tasked by his employer to follow the young George Washington to the French forts in the Ohio Valley to ask them to leave. In this tale, we meet the Iroquois half king, and together they track down and kill a young French officer who had murdered Ephraim's wife, their unborn child and his father-in-law. This act is the catalyst that started the seven-year Indian war. I am looking forward to the next installment of this exciting tale in our American history.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment