Friday, January 5, 2018

Review: The Hangman's Daughter

The Hangman's Daughter The Hangman's Daughter by Oliver Pötzsch
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Stupendous, I so enjoyed this art illustrated ebook version of this novel that was translated from German by Lee Chadeayne and first published by AmazonCrossing in 2010. The author Oliver Potzsch genealogy played an important role in the making of this book since his family can trace their lineage to the famous Kuisls, one of Bavaria's infamous families of executioners. It was intriguing to find that people have not changed in the manner they treat each other even to this day when people are different from themselves and produce what I like to think of as moments of complete insanity of reasoning. In this tale of malice, we find the Hangman not a cold-blooded killer but one who takes great care in studying the art of healing and the injustice of those who may be wrongly accused of a crime. When faced with the torture of an innocent midwife accused of witchcraft, the Hangman along with his headstrong daughter and her besotted physician admirer must follow the clues that will lead to the true criminals in the town before they can burn the midwife. From beginning to end I was enthralled with the way the story flowed and the true to life characters that graced the pages. I found this book on Amazon prime and was able to download a free version. Thank you, I have added this writer to my Follow list and look forward to reading more of these phenomenal glimpses into the past.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment