Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Review: Animal Farm and 1984

Animal Farm and 1984 Animal Farm and 1984 by George Orwell
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

It is the year 2017 and this book rings true to what is happening in the country of North Korea at the present moment in history. The North Koreans have had their rations cut and their leader uses all the money to build weapons of mass destruction. Too bad we could not drop copies of this book into the North Korean hands. Having been born a free American I see certain aspects that concern me here in my own country and around the world. Why does power so change people? So far in all of history, we have dealt with individuals who have become despots whose only aim is to take take take. When will we all learn that power to one or just a few people will change them mostly for the worst? Such a sad tale but one that is important to learn.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment