Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Review: Scribes

Scribes Scribes by James Wolanyk
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Humph, not sure why I could not really get my teeth into this book. There are some good qualities to the novel by author James Wolanyk that include the overall story of a young girl who has the gift of using magical cuts upon the skin that bring health and healing upon the person. This was the first in the Scribe series so hopefully, in the next one, the action can be ramped up a few notches. At every turn, Anna is subjected to violence and cruelty but she finds real peace when she helps the foundling children that have lost everything. Can she break away from the individuals that want to use her power to back their side of the war? I was given a chance to read this book through the Goodreads giveaways for my honest opinion in a book review. Thank you, James Wolanyk, Goodreads and publisher Rebel Base Books.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment