Saturday, December 9, 2017

Review: Gods of Howl Mountain

Gods of Howl Mountain Gods of Howl Mountain by Taylor Brown
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

In this historical fiction, we meet a slew of unique characters that have been traumatized by war, violence, and poverty. Rory a Korean war veteran who has returned to Grannie Mae's home in rural Wilkes Couty of North Carolina missing a leg drives some souped-up race cars through the nights delivering moonshine and along the way become infatuated with the local serpent preachers daughter. Will Rory find and enact vengeance on the man who left his mother so traumatized that she resides in the local insane asylum? Are the men who drive and build these suped-up cars destined to start a national trend? I am always pleased with a book if I come away with some knowledge or wisdom that will stay with me, this book has done that and more. Will there be a sequel? I do hope so, I think this would make a great movie. Justin Beil as Rory? #BookReview #GodsofHowlMountain

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment